- Meet with client to review the scope of the project.
- Meet with client (and builder) at owner's lot to review conditions
and setting for the architectural design.
- Discuss project schedule.
- Establish the architectural fee, sign agreements and obtain architectural retainer.
- Review of local codes, covenants and zoning ordinances.
- Review preliminary design checklist with client.
- Prepare preliminary architectural plans based on the client's design
requirements and discuss alternate design options.
- Prepare preliminary exterior elevations.
- Prepare site plan.
- Coordinate with required consultants, to obtain topography, soil borings
and septic perc tests if required.
- Meetings with client (and builder) during the initial design process.
- Review construction budget based on preliminary design.
- Develop and revise the architectural plans and exterior elevations
based on approved preliminary design.
- Numerous design meetings to review comprehensive design checklist
and review alternate products.
- Prepare interior elevations of significant rooms.
- Discuss the interior and exterior room finishes.
- Prepare 3-D CAD drawings if requested as additional services.
- Attend meeting with architectural review committee, if required.
- Review and update cost estimates as necessary.
- Finalize construction drawings based on approved design drawings.
- Meet with client as necessary to finalize construction documents.
- Coordinate drawings with selections by interior designer, landscape
designer, lighting consultant and any other consultants involved in project.
- Document selections made by client on construction documents.
- Prepare details for unusual conditions of construction.
- Provide drawings necessary to meet requirements of local building
department and architectural review committee.
Bidding and Permit Process
- Coordinate and answer questions by subcontractors.
- Attend meeting with client and builder during the final bidding process.
- Submit drawings required for the building permit and revise
drawings if required.
- Provide shop review of product submittals such as windows,
trusses, plumbing selections or other such products.
- Provide periodic site visits to review construction in place,
answer any questions and discuss any field adjustments that may be needed or desired.
- Review ramifications of suggested changes in the design or construction.
- Attend meetings with client and builder as requested.